Monday, August 8, 2011

Nom Nom Nom

Josh and I started a weekly dining adventure called "Downtown Dining" that takes place every Wednesday (with the exception of a few). It began months ago and has been a lot of fun! We thought it would be fun to try new places (to us) in Houston because we get tired of eating the same stuff all the time. Sometimes we plan where we're going, sometimes we just wing it. If you don't want to do a weekly adventure, maybe try a monthly one. It's nice to explore Houston and be touristy for the day. :) Also, our rating system is roughly based on the deliciousness of the food, the service, and the atmosphere.



Some of the places we've tried are:

Niko Niko's - Greek food, great atmosphere. I had a Spinach Chicken Pita. It was yummy.
Rating: 6 out of 10

Barnaby's - We have now eaten at this place a couple of times. I LOVE the Chicken Mill Valley! It's juicy grilled chicken with spinach dip and cheese on top. What more could you want??? And the rainbows and puppies on the ceiling are fun to look at, too! 
Rating: 8 out of 10

Baba Yega - This little restaurant was quite the experience. The food was ehhh, but the roach sighting was hilarious and memorable. (The place is old, so a roach is understandable..and it was crawling on the floor, not our food, so ya know..it's cool). 
Rating: 5 out of 10

The Spaghetti Warehouse - I ate here when I was younger, but I don't remember much of that time. This was Josh's first time. I think most people go here for the experience. The "haunted" restaurant, blah blah. The food was normal Italian. I'd rather go to Olive Garden and eat yummy breadsticks and salad. :)
Rating: 3 out of 10

Smith and Wollensky - This place will blow your mind. For realz. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a fancy-pants place, but we were very casually dressed when we went. We didn't know what to expect going in, but it was DELICIOUS! Pricey, but sooooo worth it. Steaks are around $50 each and don't come with sides. This ain't no Steak and Ale! You can order sides for the table, but just the steak was enough for us. I ordered a Sirloin, I think...and Josh ordered Filet and Lobster. I ate all of my steak. That's enough to say how great it was. And I was still craving it the next day.
Rating: 9.9 out of 10

 Ok, now I'm hungry! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this little gem here! Be nice and have a good day!