Friday, August 10, 2012

We're engaged!!!!!

I know it's been forever since I've posted, but I really want to remember this night because, on this night....

Josh proposed!!!

I, obviously, have been waiting for a LONG time for this. I'm super excited! So is Josh, I think...after the initial overwhelming feeling that we both had...ha!

About a week ago, I received this email:

Hi Victoria! 

  I was interested in booking a session with you to get some shots my wife and I for our first anniversary. We didn't have a lot of money for photos for our wedding, so I wanted to do something special for our first year anniversary and surprise her with this. 
       I looked at your website and love your work,  so I guess I just need to know what you'd charge for a short session and if you have some locations in mind. I'm in The Woodlands.

Thanks!  Let me know.

Tim Malkin

I replied with my session fee and he agreed, so we scheduled it for tonight at 7pm. I asked if he had any location suggestions and he said, 

...there is a fountain in front of Woodlands church, my wife and I actually just started going there. I thought it would be perfect! If you don't know where it is I can give you directions or you could probably just google it. Also, I know it's a drive, so I could pay you extra if you need me to. I get off work at 4 on Friday so I was hoping to do it sometime after that, if you're available.  Just let me know.

So, I scheduled him (I sometimes don't even meet the clients until their session). I normally go to sessions on my own, but I figured since it was in The Woodlands that we could go eat afterwards. I asked Josh if he would go with me and he said ok (he told me later that he was actually planning on being there when I showed up, until I asked him to go with me). A couple of days later, I said, How about I just go by myself and you can do stuff around the house if you need to? I knew he probably didn't want to tag along, but he quickly said, I don't mind...I'll come! I even told him about how "Tim" had texted me at almost midnight one night to confirm the appointment (customers don't usually text that late) and that it freaked me out, so he needed to come to protect me. 

Today rolled around and after lunch I noticed that it was pretty cloudy. I checked the forecast and saw it was supposed to rain. So, I texted "Tim" and said I would keep an eye on it and get back to him around 6pm. Closer to that time, I realized that it was too gloomy for a shoot (I like overcast, but this was way too much), so I texted "Tim" and asked if we could reschedule. He texted me back saying that he really wanted to do it tonight, so I asked Josh what he thought. He said, Well, if he says it's clear there, you should probably go. I thought it was weird that he was pushing it so much. (I also knew he wanted to go eat at Genghis). After telling him that I was just going to reschedule, he said something about his mom grilling so we could go there for dinner. I felt bad for having to reschedule "Tim", so I texted him and said I trusted him if he thought the weather was okay. He said it was so we were off to The Woodlands. 

The drive was pretty normal. I will point out that, at this point, I had a hunch. I even noticed a large object...a possible ring box...in his shorts pocket, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. Lately, it's like, is it going to happen in Vegas? Is it going to happen on this night out? That night out? Ahhh!! We get to the church and I had to potty. So, we tried the side door...locked. Luckily, the front door wasn't, so we went inside. Then we headed out to the fountain. We walked up, Josh set my camera bag down, then told me the truth. He confessed that he had an alter ego named Tim Malkin. He pulled the ring out and simply said, Vicki, will you marry me? I said yes! Then, he said that we had to go because everyone was waiting at home to celebrate with us!

Both of our families were waiting at his parents' house...along with his mom's hamburgers, my favorite! Even my parents were there! I asked if they all knew. And they did. I was very surprised that my mom never let a hint slip. She's a pretty amazing woman, but she can't keep a secret! :) Josh had actually had lunch with them on Tuesday to ask my dad's permission. I was very surprised.

I immediately called my friend Abby..and a couple others. Then, we got to the house and everyone was there. I immediately burst into tears when I hugged my dad. I know he and my mom were very excited. Of course, then, the question was, Have y'all set a date??? Um, give a day or so to figure that out...haha! 

Anywho, that's the story! I'm super excited about planning!! I hope that it will be a pretty stress-free process. We're thinking November (yes, 3 months away), but that could change! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet & congrats again!! I know you are super excited & can't wait to do your serving set :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! He did a good job pulling that one off! I'll remember not to creep you out and text you at midnight anymore! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on this little gem here! Be nice and have a good day!