Sunday, May 8, 2011

Embarrassment and such...

Want to hear about a mortifying moment? 

The day after I cooked dinner for Josh at my apartment, he texts me saying, “your dad just came into the store.” I thought, in that moment, I might die. Everyone who knows my dad knows that he lives a glorious life of being Mr. Social…he enjoys driving around town in his downtime and visiting his friends. Anywhoodles, he decided to pop in so he could “see the store.” He said he was also making sure my cooking didn’t kill Josh (it really could have). It was so embarrassing, considering that I hadn’t formally introduced him to my parents as a potential suitor yet. Ok, big scheme, not that scarring, but it was at the time.

The next few days blur together and I don’t remember exactly what we did. I know….I suck. This is why I need the blog. To fuel my memory. I’m going to venture a guess that we were pretty low key since I don’t have any photo-documentation of fun activities. I'm also going to guess we played a lot of games, including Scrabble.

Vine pee, anyone?





I do remember that I house-sat my friend’s house the next weekend. This was monumental because it was the first time I had ever slept alone in a house. Ever. Is that weird? Possibly, but it’s true. Well, I wasn’t completely alone…I had Harriet.

If you don’t know Harriet, you should probably be glad. She’s fuzzy and out of control…that’s all you need to know.

The Friday night that I was there, Josh came over. I made lasagna (which was delicious if I must say, but how can you screw that up?). I had also bought some frozen garlic breadsticks that I was really excited about, but my good friend Harriet ate them while they were on the counter waiting to be baked. She’s a doll. We ate then we played games. We played The Worst Case Scenario game and Scattergories. We learned a lot of things that night, like how to eat a worm if you’re stuck in the desert (squeeze all the juices out, dry it, grind it up). Josh also started to realize that I’m a winner at most games. Ok, all of the games.
We didn’t hang out the rest of the weekend because he was so sad he lost. Or maybe it was just because we both were busy. 

P.S. I forgot to add something important to my last post. On one of our earlier dates…maybe the rodeo?...I told Josh that I could marry him. We were having a conversation about life and stuff...and I blurted that out. Like a dummy. I meant that he was the type that I COULD marry. Either way, I was sure I freaked him out. Apparently, I didn’t freak him out too much because he’s still around, but I thought that it was pretty ridiculous. 

Oh, also...if you would like some more silliness, watch this video of me. I helped the video tech class out at school by showing the kids how to do a public service announcement. I didn't know, at the time, that this would be posted on the school's youtube channel. It's ok. You can laugh. 


(I love how drunk I look in this screen shot.)
(I also need to practice reading the teleprompter.)


Exciting dates are coming soon. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this little gem here! Be nice and have a good day!