Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Make It Sloppy

Man, I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do. I’m going to do a quick (Ha! Is it ever quick?) overview of our first few dates, so let’s get on with it.. 

Our second date was a fun and exciting one. Josh invited me to a Hillsong concert at church, then we went to eat at McAlister’s Deli (which happens to be a tradition for Bunny.) Afterwards, we did a little fun activity. It involved a fast-food restaurant, a sign on the speaker, and the hope of getting to see people make fools of themselves. That’s always fun, right? Well, it didn’t work as well as we thought, but it was still fun. And, it gave us the opportunity to talk. As we sat in the truck and waited, we talked about our goals in life and our bucket lists. We discovered that we have a lot in common…we both want to travel more, scuba dive, volcano helicopter ride, among other things. I had a lot of fun on this date. It was really nice to get to know each other better. 

Our third date was to the Rodeo to see my man, Clay Walker. (Little known fact: I’ve seen Clay in concert every year for the past 6 years.) Josh had actually bought tickets, but a friend of mine ended up giving me tickets (that were AH-MAZING!), so we were able to sit in the VIP section closest to the floor. We had a great time and were even able to shake Clay’s hand when he rode by at the end. I also purchased a bottle of my favorite jewelry cleaner. The lady demonstrating the product kept saying to "make it sloppy." She was older, so it was pretty funny. Maybe you had to be there... We also rode the ferris wheel (which was huge for me considering that, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve become more afraid of heights and carnival rides.) I survived it though, and I will live to tell about it for years to come. After the concert, we went to eat at Ihop. On the drive there, we had a lovely conversation about tummy trubs. It was very romantic. 




One of the things on my bucket list was to shoot a gun. I had never shot a gun before..frankly because they’re a little scary. So, our fourth date, Josh cooked me dinner (a delicious spaghetti) at his house and we went out in the woods and shot. It was exhilarating. 

The next night I decided to return the favor and cook Josh dinner at my apartment. A long day at work, a rushed trip to the grocery store, and cooking in a sweltering kitchen resulted in some dry grilled chicken and questionable potatoes. Josh still ate it, which was nice of him, but I’ll take credit for a bad meal. This is funny because despite the cliché of how relationships always begin with sympathetic men eating horrible meals, I’m actually a great cook. I guess I just didn’t bring my “A” game that day. After dinner, we played some games…Farkle, Connect Four, and some other card games. We got dessert at Sonic, then Josh dropped me off. And, that’s when it happened. The moment we both had waited for…our first kiss. I won’t go into much detail, but basically I didn’t want our first kiss to be a public spectacle. Remember, I lived with my parents and I have family across the street…and all of these people are always outside!  Long story short, we kissed and it was pretty awkward (which was totally my fault), but (sappy cheeseball alert!) it still made me realize that I wanted to kiss this guy at least a million more times.  Now is the time you either say, “Awwww” or you gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this little gem here! Be nice and have a good day!